Making Your Home Secure
Here is a quick list of things you can do that will go a long way to making your home secure, or moreso. The main objective is to keep unwanted people out of your home.
How many of these can you do?
- Fit security stays to all accessible windows. These are also great for ventilation when you’re at home.
- Fit locks to all accesible windows
- Lock your letterbox with a padlock
- Lock your garage – you might think this is a “no-brainer but we know many garages are left unlocked
- Install external lighting and alarms where appropriate
- Fit locks to any window that opens in your garden shed and don’t forget to padlock the door
- Install deadbolts on your back door – often the most vulnerable part of the house
- Secure any gates with a quality padlock, sting cable or chain
- Fit a lock with a deadbolt to your front door and all other external doors and don’t forget the door leading from your garage into the home itself
- Fit sliding door deadlock with an anti-lift device to ranch sliders
- Keep all your plants trimmed so they don’t cloak intruder activity
- Display warning signs from your local alarm monitoring company